We now have the opportunity to use one of Jelly Bean’s best features “Google Now” which was introduced with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Xda developer febycv has released a hacked version of the Google Now APK. Though, there are a few limitations to use the version:
- You need a rooted device running any ICS AOSP-based ROMs such as CyanogenMod and AOKP.
- The app does not support the Voice Search function as of now
- Only language support so far is U.S.-English
Check out the video after the break :
- Open Root Explorer, go to / system
- Open build.prop in the editor.
- Change to ro.build.version.sdk = 16, and save the file.
- Go to / system / app and rename it to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1
- Restart your machine, then install the applique.
- Then return to the build.prop ro.build.version.sdk = 15 and reboot again.
You can download the apps from here.