Samsung Electronics today announced the launch of Omnia M GT-I8350 Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (aka Tango) running smartphone. Omnia M packs an entry level hardware and will be placed below Omnia W which runs Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.
Interestingly new Omnia M has larger display (4 inch) than Omnia W (3.7 inch). Like all other new entry level phones this too has 4GB internal storage that can not be expanded further. On the CPU & memory front, it has 1GHz clock speed & 384MB of RAM compared to 1.4GHz & 512MB on Omnia W and 800MHz & 256MB on Nokia Lumia 610. Omnia M has front facing VGA camera too.
Key specifications of Omnia M:
- 1GHz single core CPU
- 384MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 4 inch WVGA 480×800 pixel Super AMOLED display
- 5MP AutoFocus camera with LED flash, 720p HD video recording
- VGA front facing camera
- 1500mAh battery
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 2.1, A-GPS,
- Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh OS
Omnia M will come loaded with Samsung’s cross platform ChatOn messenger service. It has Samsung AllShare which allows you to play films, games, or any other media direct from your Omnia M to a TV.
The Omnia M will be available starting in Europe and rolled out to other regions. There is no word on pricing yet.